What is transit visa and why you need?
The transit visa is a single entry visa. Also, it is issued to travelers who have to stay in the UAE for more than 8 hours as a part of airport transit. There are two kinds of this visa. Firstly people who want to stay for 48 hours can avail of this visa. Secondly, people who want to stay for 96 hours can utilize this visa. It is also a type of evisa and it must be issued before arrival. Moreover, GCC countries can get their visa on arrival. Further, the citizens of the USA, UK, and Schengen regular passports can avail of this service.
48 hours transit visa assists you to explore the city. Likewise, you can also meet up with your friends, family, and loved ones. Further, you can also attend or perform private business meetings. It’s an ideal visa for company holders or business developers. Moreover, it helps you to stay for a few days in the country. The common name of this visa is the Dubai transit permit but the visa issued by Dubai is officially called the UAE transit visa.
Apply: 30 days Dubai visa
Eligibility for transit visa for Dubai
Your eligibility for a transit visa to Dubai depends on the following aspects.
- A passport with six months validity is compulsory.
- You should possess an onward flight from UAE inside the interval.
- If your transit visa is extended more than 24 hours then you need to submit confirmation of your hotel booking or residence proof.
Dubai transit visa requirements
- It needs a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of travel.
- In addition, a color copy of your passport.
- Moreover, flight tickets with onward journeys are also needed.
- Also, two distinct passport-size photos.
Moreover, the photo size for the Dubai transit visa is 35X45 mm. it should be clear and recently captured. Make sure your face is directed toward the camera. In addition, open your eyes and take a straight look at the camera. Also, your photo’s background should be plain white. Moreover, show off neutral facial expressions.
How to get a Dubai transit visa?
Ordinary passport holders cannot get transit permit visas from UAE embassies directly. You should apply through Dubai-based airlines, a travel agency, or a hotel. You can get a transit visa by following some steps:
- Firstly, make sure you are applying through genuine travel agencies.
- Now, decide the type of visa according to your need.
- After doing so, you need to accumulate all the required documents as per visa requirements.
- Further, fill out an online application form through a travel agency.
- Then upload all the required documents to the portal.
- Finally, you need to pay the visa fees online.
- Now, submit the application.
Always provide authentic and genuine details. It helps you to get a visa quickly. If your application is not correct then you will get a visa denial. Moreover, doing this can lose your visa eligibility in the future.
Processing time for a transit visa
Usually, it takes up to 5 business days to proceed. Anyhow, it may vary depending on the processing agencies. Further, it also depends on how you applied. If you have passed five years of travel history in the UK, USA, etc then it fasts your processing time.
Plan Your Tour: Voyage Dubai
Frequently asked questions
Can I extend my transit visa to Dubai?
No, it is a non-extendable visa. If you want to stay longer then you need to get a new one.
Can I stay in UAE after expiring a transit visa?
No, you should leave the country or buy a new one to stay further.
Is a medical test compulsory for a transit visa?
No, as it has a short duration and is non-extendable so there is no need for medical reports.
May I convert a transit visa to a work permit?
No, you can’t convert this visa into a work permit.