Practicing yoga for your lungs
In view of the coronavirus infection, you should do some special yoga to keep the lungs healthy and strengthen the respiratory system. Being a disease related to the respiratory system due to the increasing infection of coronavirus, you should also take some yoga asanas to help to make your lungs healthy, which you can do very easily while sitting at home. 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh Indeed, there are some special yoga asanas to keep the lungs healthy, and scientific research has also been done on them. By doing these yoga asanas, your respiratory system is better and your lungs remain healthy.
1. Bitilasana Yoga (Cow Pose)
It is also known as Cow Pose. Lungs can also be made healthy through Bitilasana yoga. Actually, it is such a yoga posture, during which the breathing tubes of your body are stretched and it helps in keeping the lungs healthy.
How to do:
- First of all, lay on a yoga mat in a flat place.
- Now sit on it with knees and hands.
- In this posture, you will be in the same position as a small child walking.
- Now keep a distance of one to one and a half feet between your hands and a distance of 1 foot between the feet.
- Try looking up at the sky while raising your neck.
- Now stay in this posture for at least 10 to 15 seconds, after that come back to the starting position.
- You can do this yoga posture for about 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Bhujangasana Yoga (Cobra Pose)
Bhujang means snake and in this yoga posture, you also have to come in a snake-like position. It is also known as the cobra pose. By doing this yoga asana, it helps in the smooth circulation of blood in the body and along with it can also be useful in keeping the lungs healthy.
How to do:
- First of all, lie down on your stomach on a yoga mat.
- Note that both your legs and your arms should be straight.
- Now bring your hands lightly near the chest.
- Try to lift the chest while emphasizing the hands.
- Note that your head should be raised in front like a snake’s hood.
- Now try to raise your head towards the sky as much as possible.
- Keep in mind that the part from the bottom of your stomach to the feet will remain connected to the ground.
- After staying in this posture for about 15 seconds, slowly come back to the starting position.
- This yoga posture can be done for about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Dandasana yoga
Dandasana can help in keeping the lungs healthy. In the research released by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, information has also been given that keeping the lungs healthy through this yoga asana, can be of great help in keeping them healthy. This yogasana can be done both in the evening and in the morning.
How to do:
- First of all, sit on the yoga mat in the posture of Padmasana.
- Now extend both your legs in front.
- Note that your feet will be at a 90-degree angle from the waist.
- Keep your hands on the ground.
- Note that the palm of the hands should be adjacent to the ground and the hands should not be too far from the body.
- Now keep breathing slowly and stay in this posture for at least five minutes.
- This yogasana can be done for about 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Salabhasana Yoga
The lungs can also be kept healthy through the Shalabhasana yoga posture. By doing this yoga asana, the respiratory system is strengthened and the lungs can also work actively. This reduces the risk of any kind of disease related to the respiratory system by many folds.
How to do:
- Lie down on your stomach on a yoga mat.
- After that, place both your hands under the thighs.
- Now keep your head glued to the ground.
- Now lift the legs from behind.
- Create a balance position and stay in this posture for about 10 seconds.
- It completed one cycle.
- This yoga process can be done for about five minutes.