How to increase your social media presence
Social media is so much more than a collection of profiles. It’s a place where you can connect with your audience, engage with them, and build relationships. Let’s talk about How to increase your social media presence.
Social media has become such an important part of our lives that it’s even been called the “fourth-largest nation in the world.”
In other words, if your brand doesn’t have a strong social media presence, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to grow your business—and let’s be honest here: we all want to grow our businesses
! So how do you go about increasing your social media presence? Here are my top ten tips for improving your social media strategy:
Make a plan
Now that you know what your goals are, it’s time to make a plan. This will help you stay on track and ensure that all of your social media efforts are working toward the same end goal.
In order to create a successful plan, it’s important to consider:
- What are you trying to achieve? Are there specific metrics or goals in mind?
- Who is your audience? What do they care about (and how much)? Are there any demographics or psychographics that would benefit from this type of content/posting frequency/etc.? Is there anything unique about them (e.g., location) that might impact what kind of content appeals most strongly with them?
- How do we want to interact with our audience. What kind of tone should we take when interacting. With potential customers or clients through our various channels (Facebook groups vs Instagram vs Snapchat etc.)
Know what you want your social media presence to do
It’s important to know what you want your social media presence to do. Are you trying to reach new audiences? Engage existing ones?
Build your brand or drive traffic to your website? If so, then there are some things that will help you accomplish those goals:
- Know who your target audience is and what they care about. It’s not enough just knowing that “people” like something. You need a specific group of people who actually care about. What it is that interests you as an organization or individual and how they interact with content related to this topic. If there isn’t already an existing community around this topic on social media (or if yours would be too small). Consider starting one yourself! That’s how many big influencers started out. By building their own communities before going viral later on in life. Because they knew exactly how much attention each piece of content would get based upon who was following them. At any given time period throughout their career trajectory thus far.
Know who you’re targeting
Knowing your audience is the most important thing you can do when trying to increase your social media presence, and it’s something that many people overlook.
You need to know who you want as a follower, but also what kind of content they want from you. Do they want funny posts? Educational ones? Inspirational quotes?
If you don’t know how old or male/female-dominated your audience is, then it’s impossible for them not only for them not only for them. One of ways How to increase your social media presence.
Post great content
Post great content.
- Relevant: Posts should be directly relevant to your audience. So that they can find it easily and know that they can trust you.
- Interesting: The best way to make sure something is interesting is by being yourself. Which is why this section starts with “post content that’s relevant and helpful.” If you’re posting something because it’s what everyone else is doing. Chances are high that it won’t be very interesting or useful. And certainly not memorable!
- Timely: As we said above in “be timely”, timing matters when it comes to social media posts (and pretty much everything else). If someone finds out about a news story after all their friends have already talked about it on Facebook for hours? That’s not fun at all! So make sure whatever information or opinion pieces. Your post aren’t too old by checking their publication dates first before hitting “share” again.”
Don’t try to be someone you’re not. If you’re not funny, don’t try to be funny on social media. Your followers won’t appreciate it and it will come off as forced and inauthentic.
And that’s not a good look for anyone! The same goes for slang or abbreviations that your audience won’t understand; if they don’t know what “LOL” means, then don’t use it in your posts!
Instead of forcing yourself into a role that doesn’t fit, just share things from an authentic perspective: be yourself.
Use the right hashtags for your audience and brand.
Hashtags are a great way to increase your brand’s visibility and engagement. The right hashtags will help you find the right people, but they can also help you connect with your audience in meaningful ways.
When choosing hashtags, it’s important to consider two things: relevance and popularity. If your target market isn’t using the hashtag, then there won’t be much point in using it either.
And even if they do use that particular term on occasion (or even all the time), there may still not be enough activity happening.
Around that specific word for anyone else outside of their circle to notice or engage with any content related thereto!
To determine whether or not a particular word will work well as a hashtag when trying out new ones each week/month/year etc.
Look at how many posts have been shared under this label over time – especially during peak hours such as lunchtime.
Where people tend towards social media usage versus watching TV shows on Netflix instead.
We hope this article has helped you to understand the importance of social media and how to increase your presence on it.
We know that it can be hard work, but we also believe in you!