5 reasons why you must visit Narain Niwas!
- Architecture and History:
Narain Niwas Palace was built in the 19th century and is a prime example of Indo-Saracenic architecture. This Jaipur heritage hotel features intricate carvings, frescoes, and stained-glass windows. It was also the residence of the last reigning Maharaja of Jaipur, so you can learn about the palace’s history and its royal past.The architecture of Narain Niwas Palace in Jaipur is an excellent example of Indo-Saracenic architecture, which is a fusion of Indian and European styles. The palace was built in the late 19th century and features a blend of Rajput, Mughal, and European architectural elements. Some of the notable architectural features of Narain Niwas Palace are:
- Facade: The palace’s facade is a harmonious blend of red sandstone and white marble, creating a striking contrast. The entrance gate has intricately carved pillars and arches, typical of Rajasthani architecture.
- Jharokhas: The palace has numerous jharokhas or projecting balconies, which are a typical feature of Rajasthani palaces. These jharokhas are intricately carved and feature delicate jali work.
- Courtyards: The palace has several courtyards, each with a unique character. The courtyards have fountains, reflecting pools, and manicured gardens, creating a tranquil oasis in the heart of the city.
- Columns: The palace’s columns are inspired by Mughal architecture and feature intricate carvings and patterns.
- Interior Design: The interiors of the palace are decorated with frescoes, stained-glass windows, and traditional Rajasthani textiles and furnishings. The palace’s rooms are spacious and airy, with high ceilings and large windows that allow ample natural light.
Overall, Narain Niwas Palace’s architecture is a stunning blend of Rajasthani, Mughal, and European styles, reflecting the rich cultural heritage of Jaipur.
2. Cultural Experience:
Staying at Jaipur heritage hotel offers a unique opportunity to experience Rajasthani culture up close. Here are some of the cultural experiences you can have at Narain Niwas Palace:
- Rajasthani Cuisine: The palace has an in-house restaurant that serves traditional Rajasthani cuisine, including dal baati churma, gatte ki sabzi, and laal maas. The food is prepared using traditional recipes and local ingredients, providing an authentic culinary experience.
- Traditional Decor: The rooms at Narain Niwas Palace are decorated with traditional Rajasthani textiles and furnishings, creating a cosy and inviting atmosphere. The rooms feature colourful tapestries, embroidered cushions, and carved wooden furniture, providing a glimpse into the rich artistic traditions of Rajasthan.
- Folk Music and Dance: The palace hosts cultural programs that feature traditional Rajasthani music and dance performances. You can watch a mesmerising Kalbelia dance or listen to the soulful sounds of the Rajasthani folk instruments like the dholak and the harmonium.
- Henna Art: You can also get traditional Rajasthani henna art done on your hands and feet. Henna art is an essential part of Rajasthani culture and is often done on special occasions like weddings and festivals.
- Local Sightseeing: The palace is located in the heart of Jaipur, close to many of the city’s top attractions. You can explore the City Palace, Jantar Mantar, and the Hawa Mahal, all of which offer a glimpse into Jaipur’s rich history and culture.
Overall, staying at the best heritage hotel in Jaipur offers an immersive cultural experience that allows you to discover and appreciate the rich cultural heritage of Rajasthan.
3. Gardens and Courtyards:
Narain Niwas Palace is a heritage hotel in india, located in Rajasthan, India. The palace was built in the 19th century by Maharaja Devendra Singh and has since been converted into a hotel. The palace features several gardens and courtyards that are worth exploring.
- The main courtyard of Narain Niwas Palace is known as the ‘Chowk’ and is surrounded by rooms on all sides. This courtyard is designed in a traditional Rajasthani style with intricate carvings on the walls and pillars. It features a fountain in the centre and is adorned with plants and flowers.
- The palace also features several gardens, including the Peacock Garden, which is located on the eastern side of the palace. This garden is named after the peacock, which is the national bird of India and is known for its beautiful colours. The garden features a variety of flowering plants, shrubs, and trees, and is a popular spot for relaxation and meditation.
- Another garden in Narain Niwas Palace is the Mughal Garden, which is located on the western side of the palace. This garden is designed in the traditional Mughal style with terraced levels, water channels, and fountains. The garden is home to several species of flowering plants and is a popular spot for photography.
Overall, the gardens and courtyards at Narain Niwas Palace are a perfect blend of traditional Rajasthani and Mughal styles. They are a testament to the rich cultural heritage of India and offer a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
4. Proximity to Attractions:
Narain Niwas Palace is located in the heart of Jaipur, and it’s one of the best heritage hotels in Rajasthan. Jaipur is a popular tourist destination and has several attractions that are worth visiting. Here are some of the tourist attractions around Narain Niwas Palace:
- City Palace: The City Palace is located about 3 km from Narain Niwas Palace and is a popular attraction in Jaipur. It is a palace complex that was built by the Maharaja of Jaipur in the 18th century. The palace features a museum, a courtyard, and several buildings with intricate architecture and beautiful gardens.
- Hawa Mahal: Hawa Mahal is located about 4 km from Narain Niwas Palace and is a famous landmark of Jaipur. It is a palace with a facade made of red and pink sandstone that features over 900 windows. The windows were designed to allow the women of the royal family to observe street festivals and processions without being seen by the public.
- Jantar Mantar: Jantar Mantar is located about 3 km from Narain Niwas Palace and is an astronomical observatory that was built in the 18th century. It features several instruments that were used to measure time, predict eclipses, and track the positions of stars and planets.
- Nahargarh Fort: Nahargarh Fort is located about 6 km from Narain Niwas Palace and is a popular tourist attraction in Jaipur. It is a fort that was built in the 18th century and is situated on the Aravalli Hills. The fort offers a panoramic view of Jaipur and is a popular spot for watching the sunset.
- Jal Mahal: Jal Mahal is located about 9 km from Narain Niwas Palace and is a palace located in the middle of the Man Sagar Lake. The palace was built in the 18th century and features intricate architecture and beautiful gardens. It is a popular spot for photography and boating.
These are just a few of the many tourist attractions around Narain Niwas Palace. Jaipur has several other palaces, forts, temples, and museums that are worth visiting and exploring.
5. Events and Celebrations:
Narain Niwas Palace is a popular venue for hosting events and celebrations in Jaipur. The palace offers several venues and facilities that can be customized to suit the needs of different types of events. Here are some of the events and celebrations that can be hosted at Narain Niwas Palace:
- Weddings: Narain Niwas Palace is a popular venue for hosting weddings and wedding-related events. The palace offers several venues for different functions, such as the Chowk courtyard for the wedding ceremony, the Durbar Hall for the reception, and the Peacock Garden for the mehndi ceremony. The palace also provides catering, decor, and accommodation services for the wedding guests.
- Corporate Events: Narain Niwas Palace is also a popular venue for hosting corporate events, such as conferences, seminars, and product launches. The palace offers several conference rooms and meeting spaces that are equipped with modern facilities and technology. The palace also provides catering, decor, and accommodation services for the corporate guests.
- Festivals: Narain Niwas Palace is a perfect venue for hosting festivals, such as Holi, Diwali, and New Year’s Eve. The palace can be decorated with lights and traditional decorations to create a festive ambiance. The palace can also organize cultural programs and performances to entertain the guests.
- Bar and restaurants in Jaipur: Narain Niwas Palace has popular traditional bars in Jaipur- Bar Palladio and Shikaar bagh for hosting private parties, such as birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, and cocktail parties. These are the great places for a lazy afternoon drink and snack, serving beer, wine and cocktails, The lunch and dinner menus features Indian and multi cuisine meals, such as pizza, pasta and sliders.
Overall, Narain Niwas Palace is a versatile Jaipur heritage hotel that can host a variety of events and celebrations. The palace’s rich heritage, beautiful architecture, and tranquil ambiance make it a perfect venue for creating unforgettable memories.